Saturday, June 1, 2019

This time with 4 part harmony and feeling??

So I keep trying to start on the car and failing utterly, but you know - if at first you don't succeed...


This most recent spurt of effort was initiated by my, now 16 year old son, AJ talking smack about me in front of my brother in law, Louis. AJ was saying that the car was covered in dust and we never worked on it and could Louis come fix it. Instead of letting Louis fix it, he and I set a date in June for him to come help me pull the engine & transmission. Since then, I've been cleaning out the garage again & "puttering" on the car (small bits of work here and there).

To the left are 2 pictures. The first is one of my youngest, Orion, pulling one of the spark plugs (he wanted to help). The other is me pulling back the exhaust manifold. to show that it's at least loose. I can't get it off the engine due to how close it is to the steering shaft.

Today the two older brothers and I went out and drained the transmission, and removed the front brake calipers so I can ship them off to get them rebuilt and painted. I'm thinking gloss black on the coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment