Saturday, March 29, 2014

Of chickens & Radiators

Measureable progress!

My wife has been sporting a new mantra and "15 minutes a day" for any large project. She means it in regards to our family's goal of getting the back yard ready for chickens and expanding the garden. Only we're not doing 15 minutes, we're doing a bit more :). Fortunately we're all on board and things are going fast.

Last week, on the yard front, we measured out and marked where fences for the chicken run and garden will be. We also cleared out all the briar & 3 stumps from shrubs we previously removed.

After the garden work,  A.J. & I drained the oil & coolant then pulled the radiator and cowl.

Today the girls went to a class on chicks while I spent time with my youngest. After the class, I took 10 minutes to go unhook the oil cooler and was able to actually remove the radiator cowl from the car. I then took a few more minutes to remove the thermostat cover. This gives a great view of the front of the engine now. Pardon the grainy images, I'm working with my camera phone which is several years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment